Monday, November 05, 2018

Standard Time and Stella

I can't believe it: I knew DST was over and I was to turn the clocks back, but I completely forgot it. Got up at my usual 5:30--I thought--and aagh!  It was 4:30!
Oh, well. I did my morning stuff, then took a longer than usual walk--uphill, too. Breakfast, crossword, then I roasted some chicken drumsticks I had bought the other day. Had three for lunch, along with salad, then took  off for town, earlier than usual.
Walked The Promenade, then went to the library; darn, it was still only quarter of three. But at that point, Stella called to say she was at The Promenade and did I want to walk? Why, sure, and I retraced my steps for the four blocks to meet her outside the Crown Plaza.
We walked to the pier (one of the longest in California), then all the way to the end of it. While we were there, Betty called to say some things were moved into her new apartment and when was I coming to see it? This week, I said, and asked her to have Carolyn call me.
Stella and I then went to the Aloha for nibbles and for me, an Aloha stout. I don't usually like darker beers, but this was good. We ate and chatted and by the time we were ready to leave, it was dusk. Stella insisted on driving me home, which wasn't really necessary, but she did. Got in at 6:15 and aagh! it was dark! Straightened up a bit, then rang Suzanne's bell. She invited me in and we chatted for a bit.
Guess I survived another back-to-standard-time switch, but I sure don't like it.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...