Saturday, November 10, 2018

Fire

When Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S., there was a brown smudge across the whole southward sky. This was smoke, lightly tinted with pink, from the fires in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village, Ventura County. They're about 30 miles from me. Betty called twice to be sure I was okay.
My weight was up a bit to 129.5, but I'm okay with that, as it's in my (self-dictated) range of  125 to 130. Home for breakfast, then I looked at Von's e-mail and put digital coupons on my phone. Walked over there and was delighted to  find all I have to do at the cash register is give the cashier my Von's card and the discounts automatically come off my bill.
Had lunch, then caught a bus for town. After a few miles, who should I see but Diane on the street. I jumped out to greet her, then re-boarded and we rode to town together. I was happy for her when she told me she had gotten into Silverlake Apartments. I know someone else who lives there and it will be a delightful change from her present small studio.
We parted in town and, though I had planned to walk The Promenade, the wind was so strong, I stayed on the avenue. Walked here and there, stopped to get a few items at the 99-Cent store, then went home on yet another bus. Chopped up two big onions, added frozen mixed veggies and ground turkey, and made stir-fry for dinner.
Betty called yet again and we talked for a bit.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...