Thursday, November 01, 2018

Walking And Talking

I did plenty of walking yesterday: the uphill before breakfast, then two miles down Victoria, plus almost two more to WinCo. This took awhile because every now and then, I stopped to sit at a bus stop and use the phone.
Called my brother, Jim, in Virginia and made initial arrangements to visit Therese and him when I go east for Thanksgiving. Talked back and forth with Betty and niece Carolyn about me going to see Betty's new apartment next week; not sure what day yet.
Got my favorite, Dave's Killer Bread, and fresh blueberries at WinCo, hopped a bus to Sprouts for swordfish and salmon, then home. After lunch, I took off for town and walked The Promenade for maybe one and a half--the ocean was excitingly wild again--before meeting Diane at Casa Bella.
We had an enjoyable time, probably partly because we avoided the quantum physics topic.  Diane's son drove her to Santa Barbara the other day, because the universe (or Zeus or The Great God Woozoo or something) told her she should live there.  She has the idea she can live free in an SB hotel if she uses its facility to conduct her mindfulness class there. Yeah.
Diane also  received a call from Silvercrest, an over-65. lower-income apartment complex run by the Salvation Army. I've been there and it's very nice; I think it would be ideal for Diane, as she now has a very small studio. I hope she doesn't let the idea of SB deter her from considering it.
We stayed more than an hour and it was getting to be dusk before we parted. I walked down to the store where I had seen a very nice corner shelf unit I thought would be great for Betty's new apartment. Well, yes, it would be, but how could I get it home? Decided to skip it, and left.
It was 7:00 and full dark by the time I got home. I rang Suzanne's bell, she invited me in to see her pictures of San Luis Obispo and also told me the long saga of Sister Katie's hospital stay (she has a clot in her lungs).  While we talked, the doorbell rang and there were Batman, a unicorn, and two cartoon characters; all were surely under ten.  Suzanne gave each a tangerine and they all said "thank you." They live in our apartment complex and we chatted for a minute with the two mothers accompanying them.  What adorable kids and how good it was to see them!
Was at Suzanne's for a full hour talking, but enjoyed it. Annoyingly, walks or no, I had a restless night and was wakeful, but feel okay now.
Diane and me at the museum last Saturday:
Rosemary Molloy_DSC_730W1.jpg

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...