Sunday, November 18, 2018

Here In Jersey

Well, I'm having a fine time in God's country! Took an Access van to the Sheraton, the shuttle to the airport, and I then persuaded the driver (for a bill) to take me to my hotel. The next day, I took their shuttle to the airport, boarded the plane (ugh! but it was no more terrifying than usual), and was picked up and taken to my AirBnB.
From the ridiculous to the sublime: The "hotel"--it was actually a motel--was a real dump, but this place is great. It's in a very large house and the room is gigantic. It has a king-sized bed, plus a very large sofa, two love seats, various tables and a working fireplace. Incredibly, it also has a refrigerator and a microwave!  My bathroom is down a hall, but I don't share it and it has all the amenities, including a whirlpool tub.
After I dropped off my stuff, I was taken to Bordentown, where we had dinner with J. and J. Greatly enjoyed it and I even made friends with Lily, the gigantic mastiff, who must weigh close to a hundred.
I slept like a log that night--didn't even get up for the usual--and the next day was even more fun. We walked maybe two miles at the beach--from Belmar to Ocean Grove--on a beautiful sunny--but cold--day. Went to Whole Foods and Shop-Rite for dinner fixings and brought it to Bordentown. There were seven of us then and we had an absolute ball playing "Taboo"--great fun!
Now it's close to 9:00 on Sunday and we'll be off soon to brunch at another place, with more extended family.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...