Monday, November 26, 2018

Saturday And Sunday

(This is two entries in one, as I lost Wi-Fi for a bit on Saturday night and Sunday morning.)
Saturday: After breakfast, we set off for the trail around the Manasquan Reservoir. A few places were problematic--wet and muddy--but most of it was okay for walking. We did it all: 5.2 miles, which was more than I usually do, and gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Betty called to say she was on the way to some of the stores in Ventura, courtesy of daughter-in-law, Robyn. I had given her some tips on where to go and found out later she had gotten several items. After that and grocery shopping, we spent the rest of the day with the Bordentown Boys. Greatly enjoyed them, as ever; we played "Truth or Fiction," which provided lots of laughs.
The rain had held off until later afternoon, but came down in buckets and sheets then. It was a heavy, pounding rain that lasted for most of the day and into the night and early morning. What California wouldn't give to have such a rain!
Sunday: I woke up to find, as mentioned, that Wi-Fi was disabled. Was picked up at 9:00, given breakfast, then we headed over to Bordentown to pick up the boys.  Stopped at the cemetery first. I was happy to see that the two attractive bushes my older son provided (he paid, I planted) nine years ago, are full, healthy, and very attractive; Pat would have liked them.
Drove to Ventnor to Betty's house and found it's in very good shape; lots of boxes and other items need to be removed, though. We had a quick lunch there, then walked to the boardwalk. Went down the beach to walk on the sand, the 11-year-old even wading in the frigid water. On a beautiful sunny day, we then walked up to the Arts Building and small park to look for the brick with my late husband's and my names on it, which I had bought years ago. We couldn't find it, as many of the inscriptions were eroded and unreadable.
Went from there to Roseborough Avenue to see the house where I lived as a child and that I always consider home. Took a few pictures, then went back, packed up, and left Absecon Island. When we got the boys back to Bordentown, we were invited to dinner and stayed; had tacos with sausage and boy, were they good. We said goodbye and I got in about 7:00.
Today: back to the left coast, assuming the plane doesn't go down.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...