Monday, December 11, 2023

Sunday

Busy with various: As I usually do on Sundays, I changed the bed, washed the sheets and whites, then did a color wash, too. I still feel a huge sense of enjoyment about having the washer and dryer in the apartment. I often put in a load when I get up--5:00 or so--and by the time I finish breakfast, it will be dry and ready to fold and put away.

Ate, did the crossword (so-so), then completed a fair amount of food prep. To begin with, I put together the third (and final for this season, I hope), batch of Molloy's Irish Creme:

I'll be giving Diane the small bottle on the left and will save the rest for company. It's useful to know that this is one batch, so I'll have some idea of what containers to get in the future. 

I also cored and Stevia-upped four apples, cooked them in the microwave, then labelled and put them in the freezer for later. In addition, I melted chocolate and used my Santa and Christmas tree molds (what ever possessed me?) to make candy:
By the time I finished all this, I was ready for a break, so I hard-boiled some eggs, made myself a sandwich, packed it and a beer in my lunch thing, and took off. I had intended to go into town and eat at the place across from the mission, but changed my mind and went to the mall. That was just enough of a little excursion and, as I should have known, the mall was jammed, so I just bused home. Took a half-hour nap and felt refreshed when I got up.

😮😮😮😮😮
Bulletin: Incredible--yesterday, I got WORDLE with my first word! (It was "chain.")

Wordle 904 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Now I have to confess that I keep track of my Wordle, Collections, and Blossom daily results in a little book. Yesterday, I got Collections and, for me, that's less common than not getting it (especially when they blindside you with names of current rock bands and so on) and came up only one short of my highest Blossom score, which was 234. (My friend, Diane, would say the planets were in alignment or some such thing--and she'd be serious!) Incidentally, anyone who enjoys Wordle might want to check out Hurdle at Arkadium.com. It's a kind of extended Wordle, but considerably more challenging; I do it every day, but don't keep track. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...