Saturday, December 09, 2023

Friday

Home, I stayed at 127.4, so neither gained nor lost from last week. At T.O.P.S., I was up by 1.8 pounds, for a weight of 129.4, barely within my comfort zone. I'm not so sure that's an accurate reading, but I won't obsess over it. The meeting went quickly and my Irish Creme made a big hit (we didn't drink it there, naturally). Here's our leader, Lennie, showing off her reindeer sweater:                                                                                 

I'm amazed at how messy her hair looks. She actually has very attractive, naturally wavy hair, and usually keeps it trim. Anyhoo, the meeting went okay, although I didn't get breakfast until 10:00, and that's always problematic for me. 

After, I wrapped the Jersey boys' gifts, a beard-grooming set for Joel, Sr., and journals for Junior and Tristan. I'm not so sure they'll keep them, but I hope so. I also wrapped a birthday gift for Hannah, Senior's girlfriend; we share the date I wrote her an amusing (I hope it's amusing) letter, and added it. Put the packages in my cart and trekked to the post office to send them off, thn stopped at Von's for eggs and stuff.

On the way home, I realized I was hungry. It was 3:00, so why would I be hungry so soon after lunch?  Wait--lunch? I then realized I hadn't eaten lunch. Went home and had half a tuna sandwich and a bowl of stewed tomatoes. Gave Suzanne back the lifter/wheeler thing she had lent me and stopped in to chat for a bit.  

I had seen an ad for a sleep patch and sent for it; will see if it has any validity. I'm also expecting two other gift items I had ordered, which should get here soon. Talked to Lora and we made a date to have coffee this morning at 9:00, right across the way at Starbucks. I want to confide in her about a few things going on in my life and I know she's sympathetic. 

Added note: My daughter-in-law, Paula, is a managing partner at a design firm in the U.S. and Asia. Here she is a few months ago (it's hard to believe she's 53) with her and Mike's youngest, my granddaughter, Violet:

                                      

At her company, they have themed Christmas parties--obviously, the one below was "hippy/flower child." Can you pick out Paula in this picture? 

                      

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...