Sunday, December 03, 2023

Saturday And Being Soulfully Selfless--Sort Of...

I'm so good, I believe I'm a candidate for sainthood. I stayed in virtually all day to clean up the multitude of chores on my plate. This is what I accomplished:

1. Went page-by-page through my loose-leaf recipe book, using the three-hole punch to add some, discarding others, and generally cleaning it up. That sounds quick and easy, but believe me, it wasn't; it took me a full hour.  BTW, below is one of my favorite salmon recipes. It's quick, easy, and wonderfully flavorful:


2. Looked up how to freeze chicken livers--it's simple, but exact--and froze the ones I bought the other day. As directed, I drained them thoroughly, dried as much as I could, then divided them into six individual portions, labelled, and stowed them away.

3. Went over to Von's and got two pounds of carrots. On the way back, I saw my friend, Lorraine, in the middle and sat and chatted with her for a bit. Home, I trimmed, scrubbed, and cut the carrots, added cut-up tangerines and cinnamon, and put them in the slow cooker.

4. I cleared up and cleaned out the two shelves of a kitchen cabinet that contains--well, containers. I have a tendency to wash and save the molded plastic ones and don't use them much; I have a number of actual glass ones with fitted lids that are made for that purpose, so why accumulate the others?

5. Went into my bank accounts and ascertained that my income and outgo are I arranged and authorized.  

6. Wrote out a birthday card for Greg (his is this Thursday, December 7--hmm, I wonder if anything else significant happened on that day...) and texted him that I'd like to treat him and Ellen for dinner at Steven's. He asked if I'd invite Jim; called him and we had a enjoyable chat. (How I wish he was as comfortable talking face to face.) He accepted, of course, and I'm looking forward to it.*

7. Prepared for the new year by putting necessary information on the 2024 calendar. I use the large, flat kind that stays on my desk on which I list doctor's appointments, birthdays of family and friends, and any other pertinent information that has a specific date. This takes quite a while. 

8. Started the verse I want to turn into a Christmas card. Selected and wrapped the tree ornament I'll take to the Soaring Spirits dinner tomorrow when we have our ornament exchanged.  

9. I have a few small "extra" gifts, so dug those out, categorized them, and, as I do every year, made up a list that includes what I'm giving to whom, as well as suggestions for other gifts.

10. Other than the above, I fit in my usual chores of the day. I still have some things to do--notably buying the booze and heavy cream for the Irish whiskey I'll make for several friends. I may wait until next week for that.

* Does the fact that Ellen's birthday is on September 11, signify that the relationship was meant to be--or is a disaster waiting to happen?   

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...