Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Monday--Christmas Day

I've been having dreadful technical problems with this blog--all entirely of my own doing, but the result is, it'll be short and really messed up.

We had a lovely day, of course. After a yummy breakfast of Ellen's terrific homemade burritos, we settled down to open presents at our leisure.  Lots of good things were bestowed and received, but, as ever, the best part of Christmas was being with those I love.

Oh, and seeing others I love, too: The Tokyo Trio--Mom, Dad, and ten-year-old--arranged a Zoom meeting, which included, of course, Mike and his family, who marked the holiday in Lake Tahoe:




Later, finding that the Ojai Von's was open (owner must be Ebenezer Scrooge), I walked the mile or so to get decaf coffee which I had forgotten (I make half and half). After lunch, we three gals went for a walk in the hills, enjoying the wonderful Ojai scenery, including some wandering streams:

We saw a peculiar cactus plant that had curled around itself:
Amusingly, one of our party remarked that three woman were enjoying an outing, while a man was slaving away making dinner for them. Yes, while we were luxuriating in California beauty, Greg was making made one of his superb--and original--dinners for us. Got back to El's and were served a salad, plus other sides, and an excellent, creamy (but not from daily, from pureed vegetables), kind of soup/stew. So good. 

To be honest, I don't quite remember what we did after, but I know I went to bed early and slept well after a wonderful time with family. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...