Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Talked to, and saw, Mike after P. on the web cam. M. and entourage are leaving today for a three-week vacation in Hawaii. (When I said, "But you just got back from Bali," Mike said, "That was three weeks ago!"
Greatly enjoy Picasa, which P. put me on to, and spent a lot of time exploring it. Just talked to him again this morning before our walk.
Lunch on Rosborough Avenue with Dee yesterday. She has indeed taken the house off the market; is now living in the upstairs with her grandson and has the downstairs apartment rented. She insisted on making lunch instead of going out--I'm beginning to think she's a recluse--and served up a BLT, which I haven't had in years. It tasted surprisingly good, especially with the cold Sam Adams.
Chatted for a bit and left. Stopped at Connie H.'s, then at St. James. Connie and her grandson were hauling bricks from the house next to hers, which she and Tom own (long story I won't go into). Went to the cemetery on the way home, then got A Serious Man by the Coen brothers and, incredibly for me, watched it in the late afternoon while the sun was still shining. (As I've said before, next I'll be lolling around in my bathrobe all day.) Anyway, you have to be--well, ethnically adventurous, you might say, to like it but I am and I did. I'm interested in Jewish culture and that's what this black comedy entails.
Was pleased to get a dinner invitation from Susan for Friday. Her son, Jeff, and daughter, Julie, are coming, Jeff with wife and Julie, with four-year-old Sophia. Should be fun.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...