Saturday, September 04, 2010

Good, active day. I started out for the cemetery, as it's the anniversary of my nephew's death. However, it began to rain and blow hard, a warning from hurricane Earl, and I turned back. Drove up north instead to retrieve my cell phone. Went with the little boys and another to get school items and greatly enjoyed it. Started for home about 5:00 and, as the weather had calmed down, visited the cemetery after all. Watered the plants and sprinkled some of the leftover "Irish sod" on both graves. This was a somewhat hokey addition to Pat's funeral, which I had forgotten a few weeks ago on his anniversary. Called sister Betty to tell her.
Didn't get home until about 7:00 and had the second half of delectable stir-fry I had made the other night. Mike then called and I got a chance to see the adorable little girls in Singapore. We discussed the possibility of my going there and to Tokyo in October. We'll see.
Wonder of wonders, I got a three-page letter from U.S. Air saying they would refund the $23 I paid for the luggage that didn't get to me in California until the day after AND giving me a $50 credit for a future flight. Of course, it was enlarded with all kinds of oily assurances that their employees "are trained to be sensitive and attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers" and that they "work hard" to make sure those saintly people are "courteous, friendly, and helpful at all times." (Yeah? Couldn't prove it by me.)
Okay, I guess I'm placated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Placated for 23 bucks and a worthless $50 credit. Hey, you're easy!

Mimi said...

What do you mean, easy? For fifty dollars, I could get to...well, Newark.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...