Sunday, September 12, 2010

Got stuff assembled and some packed for Avalon. Went to the cemetery to water the plants. I'm a little worried about one of the azaleas, as it looks sickly. Think I'll go to Bob's Garden Center to pick up something for it. From there, went to Babies 'R' Us and got three little gifts: an adorable newborn outfit for the H.'s new granddaughter, Annalise (love the name), and two little things for my nephews tots, whom I'll see tomorrow in Avalon.
Speaking of--brother Frank called last night to say Patrick and Susan won't be there tomorrow. They're on their way to Morocco, incredibly enough. Patrick was called by the factotum of some middle eastern potentate for consultation on a facial problem. Potentate has them and a makeup artist flying over first class to the tune of $12,000 each--I kid you now--and they may not be back until Thursday. Now there's a world we almost never glimpse: that of somebody who can spend $36,000 on airfare. I'm sure Patrick, Susan, and the makeup artist (who, incidentally, did the makeup for Forrest Gump--imagine so intimately smoothing product on the likes of Tom Hanks!) will be treated to incredible luxury while they're there--can't wait to hear all about it.
Spent a lot of time with The Breeze stuff and sent the H.'s the profile. Finished up the other two pieces, also, and they're pretty good. Now I have to try to get the pictures to Senior Publishing. Mary and Don S. are coming over at 4:00 to straighten out whatever the problem's been going on with that and Don will show me a better method to send.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...