Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, it was fine! Had a wonderful birthday, the house full of children and toys, our stomachs full of Chinese takeout and cake, my heart full of love and gratitude. Little "T" got into everything to our delight--it's such fun watching him explore and enjoy. With the help of an adult, J. made ornaments of cinnamon and applesauce (believe it) and the guys watched whatever the Eagles were doing.
Got great gifts: Two terrific blouses, a pretty candle, a wireless mouse, a plethora of kitchen towels (yay!), another candle, a family picture of the Singapore contingent, and a gift certificate to SeaOaks. Most remarkable was from P. and N. With hand-written and illustrated directions, it's an unusual purse that can turn into other things simply by tying and knotting differently. I've never seen anything like it--it's just superb.
Later: Just got back from our walk. It's so cold my hands are hurting and my toes, too. Thank heavens it didn't snow, though, and I hope it holds off while Ellen is here. Will pick her up late this afternoon--best birthday present I could ever get.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...