Friday, December 19, 2008

Got to Kohl's, Wal-Mart, BJ's, and Target in the morning. Had to rush home before Marissa came at 1:00. Finally found some knee socks for Preshy and sent them off.
Took my illegally (I contend) opened box to the post office and was astounded to learn that yes, the government has the right to open any package and they often do at random. Unbelievable and horrifying, to keep learning how many rights (this one, to privacy) have been stolen while we were contemplating our navels.
Today, I'm going retaliate in a minescule way, by sending shoes to the serial killer in the White House.
Yes, that serial killer in that White House. Hope thousands, then millions do the same until the Godforsaken, corporate media has to pay attention.
I invited a number of "friends" on Facebook to do send shoes, also.
After postponing no fewer than five times, the O.T. is to come today--wouldn't you know, I agreed she could come this one time at 1:00. Asked Marissa to push back her usual 1:00 time and she'll come Monday at 3:00.
Wider: My current favorite, Justin R., at Anti-War.com, has a good post linking the economic crises with the billions we spend to murder children. Here's just a snippet:
"Our present military budget is more than all the other nations on earth combined, an inconceivable sum that drains the very lifeblood out of our economy. Weapons are not capital assets. The productive energy used to produce them is captured and frozen in time, until the weapon is either used, or junked as outdated: in either case it vanishes."
And so on. But go there and read it all.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...