Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not a bad day yesterday. I waited until Pat got up at 11:30, then went to Shop-Rite. Stopped at K-Mart and got a small (1.5 quart) slow cooker, so I can make Pat's meals more easily. Then realized it was 1:45 and Lorrraine, the nurse practitioner, was coming at 2:00. Rushed home to find Pat at least out of bed and washing; barely got him dressed before L. came in, but we made it okay.
I like Lorraine a lot. She is careful and thorough and is a kind and intelligent person. She examined Pat's toe (red, swollen, and sensitive) and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. She's a quilter and we have mutual friends.
Had a long, enjoyable phone talk with Betty. I'm still a little worried about her stomach problems and headaches, but she felt better when we talked.
Wider: Here's a truly humbling exercise from brother Frank. I'm ashamed at how badly I did, considering the death-dealing and life-altering things going on there under our auspices. Try it!
http://www.rethinkingschools.org/just_fun/games/mapgame.html

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...