Tuesday, December 09, 2008

'Twas bitter, bitter cold yesterday, and I went out only to the post office, having completed about one-fourth of my Christmas cards.
Marissa, the P.T., came and had Pat walk down the hall to our bedroom several times. She's a very pleasant young woman and I think he enjoys having her here, so it's okay even though there seems no particular purpose to the "exercise."
Had a long, long talk with friend Julie L. and heard all the ins and outs of a recent incident in our insular little community. It was interesting, but I silently repeated my mantra, "We'll all be dead in fifty years," which kind of puts all our little peccadilloes in perspective.
Wider Note Addendum: At Anti-War.Com, Norman Solomon has a well-considered treatise called "The Silent Winter of Escalation" that refers to his appearance on "Washington Journal" and his book, War Made Easy. It's well worth reading in its entirety here:
http://www.antiwar.com/solomon/?articleid=13877
Just one more? Couldn't resist this characterization of Dubya by my idol, Chris Hedges, in Truthdig.Com. He calls Bush "...a man with severely limited intellectual capacity and no moral core."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Deal" me in, too. Whatever that means.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...