Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pleasant, low-key day. Went to Manahawkin in the morning and duplicated pictures for the Halloween book I'm making for little J. Also got some quiz books for friends who are leaving for Canada today.
When I got home, Pat said the pulmonologist office and called to ask him to come in by 3:00 to get a blood gas test. Took him after lunch and got it done without incident. Home by 4:00; Jack B. stopped in and we enjoyed chatting with him.
A. called on their way up to her cousin's to hike. I'll give her the book for J. on Monday so she can take it to him.
The jerk who owes me twenty finally called (after I called and left a message for the third time) and said he'd give it back "by 5:00 tomorrow." Let's hope he does or I'm going to start going to where his girlfriend works.
Just started reading Dark Ages America: The Final Phase of Empire, by Morris Berman and boy, "depressing" doesn't even cover it. Will elaborate after I read more.
Later: Went to Weight Watchers and was surprised (and gratified) that I'm down 2.4 pounds. That puts me at 125.8 and 73.8 pounds off. Now I've decided I'll call a halt at 75 pounds. After that, I'll try not to lose anymore, and not gain either. This is trickier than it might seem; however, I believe I can do it.

1 comment:

Jonathan Versen said...

clearly you are pretty svelte for a 251 year old. :^)

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...