Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Got Pat to Community Hospital for his pre-op tests with no problem. A man came to the door to ask if he could power-wash the house. I agreed, as the price was right and we've never had it done. He was doing several of our neighbors' homes, too.
Just saw a YouTube piece about a woman who called Obama "an Arab" to McCain. To the latter's credit, he replied, "No, ma'am. He is a decent family man with whom I just happen to disagree...."
I was struck by the woman's belief, though, and it makes me all the more apprehensive about the election. She was clearly comfortable not only with her prejudice (so what if he were an Arab? Don't we have freedom of religion here?), but with her stupidity, citing a number of spurious "sources"--all too common, I'm afraid, and promoted by the McPalin mob. The incident was followed up by an interview in which she repeated her beliefs and said how so many volunteers in the Mc C. camp believe them, too. She had lots of other negative things to say about Obama and obviously, regardless of McC.'s comment, still holds onto them.
As somebody genteelly commented on the video, "It's no secret lots of people have s---for brains...."

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...