Saturday, February 02, 2008

Susan and I were lucky yesterday in that we had just finished our walk when the rain started. It continued all day, varying from just misty to a heavy downpour.
I've had a hankering for lentil soup and decided it was a good day to make a big pot. Modified a recipe and put together half a pound of dried lentils in 3 cups of FF chicken broth, a cup of diced tomatoes, and 1/3 cup each of onions, celery, and carrots, plus minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Simmered it for about an hour and added about a cup of chopped spinach near the end. Oh, it was goo-oo-d. I had talked to sister Betty in the morning for a nice long time--and how I wish I could have asked her over for a bowl of soup!
I walked over to Marge's under an umbrella for my BP "appointment." She took it twice with the wrist monitor, twice with Fred's upper-arm cuff. Here are the numbers: 132/80, 120/80, 125/88, and 134/83. My pulse rate was 66, 66, 68, and 67.
Marge then gave me a cup of tea and we had a nice visit. Had to get Pat to SOCH after that for the radiation. I asked how many more visits and was a little chagrinned to hear we still have to go SIX more times. That's through next week, then another day. Okay, if we have to, we have to--(sigh). At least we get a day off today and tomorrow.
Nothing much else going on aside from the ever-present domestic chores. (JC is supposed to have said, "The poor we have always with us," but he was misquoted. He was actually referring to laundry.)

3 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary
We had the rain yesterday also but the sleet and freezing rain came first. I had an appointment to get a perm and was so afraid I was going to fall getting to the salon.
Lentil soup is something I never had until I came to Massachusetts. I remember going to Florida with Ginger to visit her Mom. The neighbor next door had made lentil soup and she insisted that Gin and I have some. I managed to get it down but it was awful. Later Bob bought a can of it and I found that it was quite good. Maybe I'll make a pot sometime this winter. Bob loves it!

EBJ said...

i like lentil soup too. I also wish I could come over for some.
Maybe soon. Well, maybe in May.

iloveac said...

B/Ps are lookin' good Rosemary. And your pulse rate is superfine.

I could go for some split pea soup. Your lentil soup sounds quite tasty and healthy.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...