Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Susan gave me one of the "football cakes" for Pat she had made for the H.'s party. She said they had a great time. So did Leslie, who sent me a lovely e-mail message. They're such good friends, but hearing about the fun still makes me feel on the outside looking in. Oh, well, I am going to Susan's "Mexican valentine" party on Sunday; will bring Pat back a platter.
Ran over to Santori's yesterday to stock the larder. Got butternut, spahetti, and acorn squash, green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, tangerines, and lots of lucious broccoli. Stopped at Shop-Rite for a few other items.
I called Don S., who lives here in Sunrise Bay (and is the husband of a friend), and asked him to come over and take a look at my computer. It's been getting sulky and balky lately and I have several issues I want him to resolve. Of course, I expect to pay him. He and Mary, incidentally, are soon taking a cruise to Austrailia--lucky them!*
Other than that, nothing much went on except Pat's usual radiation at 3:00. At least we found out that he goes only until Friday, then it's over. However, the new leison on his ear has to be seen and I made an appointment at the dermatologist for Monday.
Today we vote in the primary; polls are at the clubhouse. I'll suggest to Susan that we stop in on our walk, as we go right by it. Of course, we'll be voting for different candidates. She likes Romney and I'm not crazy about anybody. Will just vote for the party, I guess.
Note: Just got back from having my BP checked at the doctor's. It was 122/78, which, medically challenged though I am, I realize is good.
*One of the things that have gone wrong is the spell check on this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried to use the Spell Cker as well. It did nothing?

Mimi said...

If you mean you tried it on my blog, I don't think it works on comments. It should work on the body of the blog, in other words, for me, but it's off, for some reason.
If you meant you tried it on your blog, I don't know why it didn't work.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...