Saturday, February 23, 2008

Well, I'm not "back." I'm at the computer at the library and am about to be timed out. Unfortunately, my computer is still in the hospital--at Dr, Mike's, my son-in-law's house and Alison called last night to say poor Mike has the flu.
Therefore, all my myriad comings and goings will not be recorded for posterity, at least not in any coherent manner. A coupla noteworthy (to me, but maybe nobody else) things: I went to an opera class conducted by my friend, Mary Ann Van O.; signed up to attend an all-day course on the Pinelands at Burlington County College on March 1 with Barb H.; bought several blouses and pants in size SMALL; have finished Michael Pollen's book In Defense of Food, which is even better than The Omnivore's Dilemma--I strongly urge everybody to read it.
Lost another pound for a total of 59 and a current weight of 140.1 (damn, that one-tenth of a pound is annoying!). At this point, of course, people are saying, "Don't lose any more," but they can never come up with logical reasons to support their belief that I shouldn't.
And, oh yes, I intend to lose more. To the point of emaciation, sickness, or danger? Certainly not. I intend to lose more, but to retain the energy, good health, and positive outlook I have now.
Have no idea when I'll be able to resume the blog--soon, I hope.

3 comments:

EBJ said...

So sorry you do not have Computty back yet. Hope it is not too much longer.
You are not missing anything from my end.

iloveac said...

Miss you. You'll have to tell us about the Opera class...will you be getting season tickets now? I have friends who have gotten hooked and go to Phila during the season.
The Pinelands course sounds interesting.
Do you have a goal # at which you will stop losing? You are amazing and one determined lady...must be your German heritage.
Hope your puter is home to its loving mommy real soon.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Betty and Pat! Will e-mail you soon.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...