Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly water bill (the water company won't allow the name to be changed, so I receive it, then send to the tenants) for $187.25. I can't quite figure out how much I should pay and how much I should pay myself, but I can't get my brain around it.

Had lunch early, then the SCAN/Uber guy picked me up a little past noon for my eye appointment. I was early, but that was okay, as I was taken early, too. Eye is all cleared up and I don't have to go back until September to see the retina guy. Walked from there to the mall and just as I was approaching Target, niece Carolyn called. I sat down on a wall and we proceeded to talk for 45 minutes. We all have interesting--to say the least--family issues, I guess. Anyway, I hope my dear niece can get together before too long.

I bought bath rugs and towels at Target in a color that used to be called "dusty rose." Here are Betty and me in the capes, caps, and draw-string bags Aunt Maggie made us for Easter. Our neighborhood playmate, "Whizzie" Eaton, is  between us. I had the photo colorized and it's a little too light--dusty rose is a deeper pink--but here we are on Rosborough Avenue, c. 1942:

Once I got the bath items home, I thought they looked pretty chintzy. Should I take them back or just keep them until I decide on different ones? Hmm...maybe I'll look on-line. 

Home at 4:00 and by that time, I was hungry, so had some snacks in front of the T.V.  I've been into real-life murder lately and watched a horrendous show on Netflix,which recounted the story of a young woman who arranged the killing of both her parents. 

Lunch with Diane today. 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...