Monday, April 15, 2024

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit:

--Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside water and also show the new tenants where it is. What a doll!

--R.E. agent Kim, called to say that now the township requires that a fire extinguisher must not only be in the  kitchen (there already is one), but must be attached to the wall--AAGH! Kim say she'll do it, rather than have me have to hire someone. We also discussed the Landlord Registration form, which she had sent me. I completed it and sent a copy to her, as she requested. This is just one of piles of documents the township inflicts on people and it's infuriating, damnit;

--Ellen called and she and I had a good chat for twenty or so;

--I was pleased to get a call from Mary Hoffman, to whom I haven't spoken for probably two years. We talked for more than an hour, discussing the family matters we're living through, in addition to other things. She said one of her neighbors in Shalom House in Margate is Sheila Rosen, who asked to be remembered to me. She and I were in the acting group "Players And Playwrights At The Jersey Shore," and we presented at Shalom House ten or twelve years ago. Later, I found this pic of the event:

I'm the one with the mustache; not sure which one is Sheila.      

--My New York* friend, Susan, and I texted back a forth and finally settled on meeting at her daughter's place for dinner. Daughter and SIL are not only going to the Dodger game, they're taking the two-year-old with them. That seems odd, but maybe Eliot (that's the child's name) is a fan. I got there at 5:00 and we had a glass of wine while getting to know each other better and Susan made dinner of chicken on fresh lettuce, which she broiled. We talked and talked and I didn't get home until 8:00, but had a good time. Susan is 74, is a retired structural engineer and interesting, to say the least. More on her another time. 

--Niece Carolyn called while I was at Susan's and darn, again, the phone didn't ring. Said she'd get back to me this afternoon

It rained off and on until late afternoon, so I busied myself with making my signature (ha!) tomato/onion/garlic roast and chopping some sweet peppers for later. Jumped in the shower, washed my hair, then left for Glenwood Avenue and Susan's dinner with Susan.

*I mistakenly wrote earlier that Susan lived in L.A., but no, it's Queens, New York. Don't know how I got that confused. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...