Monday, April 22, 2024

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to the last "down" clue, they were finished (yes, I'm weird), so I switched it to the dryer and continued the puzzle. After, I remade the bed, then prepared the four enormous apples and popped them in the oven. I then cleaned the hard floors--quite a job and it takes a while, but they look good. I then put down the new bath rugs and set out the new towels. Nice, but I decided to take the large ones back. At five foot two, I find them uncomfortably big and bulky. I'll ask Jim to drop me at the mall after we have lunch today.

I then spent a lot of time emptying my decorative boxes and stowing the contents elsewhere. I'm afaid I have a tendency to do that--I should probably discard them, instead.  I've decided to go through my earlier plan to move the white bookshelves back into the bedroom, put my office items (printer paper, envelopes, paper cutter, and so on) into the boxes, so I can consolidate.

I started to walk over to Von's and CVS for a few minor items, but for some reason, I had a backache,so didn't go. Instead, I watched a T.V. documentary on O.J. Simpson, who died recently.  I've read several books about him and the murders and this is actually pretty absorbing, as it concerns his whole life, not just the murders.

Showered, washed my hair, and settled in after a quiet, but pretty good day.  

Note:  Boy, I hope I'm not losing it. Yesterday, I wrote that I couldn't remember what I did earlier, but  went to Target at 10:30. Actually, that's when I set off for town, where I strolled Main and bought a black and white top (Diane will be envious). I stopped at Target on the way home. I'm surprised and a little disturbed that my earlier jaunt had slipped my mind until now. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...