Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too. However, once I got to the transit center, it was already noon and the Verizon store is at least a half-mile away; so I knew I couldn't get to town by 1:00. I decided to continue on to meet Noreen and go to Verizon before going home. 

Even so, I was barely on time for lunch with Noreen at Immigrant Son, but I got there at 1:00. We had a great time; I always do with Noreen, as she's one of the few people I know who don't think it's up to them to give advice, whether you ask for it or not.

We talked--this seems to happen all the time--for almost three hours, then parted. I walked to Ventura Avenue for the bus, the down Mills Street to the Verizon store. (The following entry wouldn't interest anybody in his or her right minds (I refuse to subscribe to the illiteracy of using "their" in the singular), so it's there just to refresh my memory, if that's ever needed.

Almost 5:00 before I got in. Ellen called on her way home from work and we had a good chat. Saw the second-to-last O.J. saga and slept pretty well.

Note: See following entry for my Verizon ordeal.


No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...