Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next: 

Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list:

1. Called Cricket to complain that I was told by Adain at Cricket that my monthly payments would be $35 a month, a $5,00 reduction because I do it automatically, they charged me the full $40. Okay, okay, would would I worry about five bucks a month? I don't care, it just sticks in my craw.* They explained that only the initial changed amount would be $35 because there were still days in the month or something, but I was assured that, from now on, they'd take out $35. Representative: "Rexy." Confirmation number, I-LZ88VG.

2. Called SCAN Transportation for a ride to my dentist today at 10:30; pick up time: 9:55 to 10:05.

3. Called Office Depot to see if I could get my low battery replaced on the laptop, but they don't do that. Said I'd have to go to Best Buy, which is in Oxnard, so that could be a problem.

4. E-nauked Bradford checks about the checks I ordered on-line. I had gotten an email on April 24 that they were shipped. I was told it could take a week or more after being shipped--damn!

5. Got the Werther candies I had ordered, but four small ones for a total of $7.11. I still haven't gotten the larger selection, but was already charged $24,97.

6. Got notice from agent Kim that she'll remind the new tenants to change utility bills into her name.

7. SCAN Transportation: Was on the phone for 35 minutes (confirmed by John A., the rep) about the wrong directions to SO-FI by Safe-Ride (Brookshire). Confirmation # 974-0824.

*An old West expression, maybe, but I think it's funny. 

No comments:

Sunday

Routine Sunday morning: I washed the sheets, changed the bed, and did a white wash during breakfast. The crossword was good--not easy, but I...