Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Monday, Diane, And Harry

Early on, Diane texted me to alert me to high winds, thinking it might be hazardous for me to come to her place. However, I went and yes, it was windy, but not really a problem.

Got there at 11:00 and we ate shortly thereafter, much too early for me (my preferred lunch time is 1:00 or later), but it was good. She had made egg salad with rustic bread and sliced avocado. I had brought me beer and after, she served some wine.

We talked and talked, mostly about her interest in death and the afterlife (well, she thinks there's an afterlife; I ain't got no idea) and eastern beliefs, meditation (she attends three weekly groups), and similar topics, most of which bore me to--well, death. Anyway, we had a lively sessions, vehemently disagreed about some things, but parted friends, and I left about 2:30. 

I had intended to go to Smart 'n' Final to pick up milk and other things, but changed my mind and got on the bus. I then thought I'd stay on until the mall and go to Target, but impulsively got off at Hill Street and went to the library. I had experienced a sudden Stephen King urge and thought I'd pick up one of his books. Incredibly, they had none--guess I'll have to go to the main library in town. I then saw this:

...and I at down and started to read it. I have a lot of ideas and thoughts about Harry and Meghan and why I suspect their marriage might be something other then a match made in Heaven. I suspect "made in some public relations person brain" is more likely, but I'll save that for another post.

Suzanne stopped in after I got home to tell me Verizon is now available here. I knew that already and have been having my problems with them, but I won't elaborate. Anyway, I told her about the armed desk chair from Mike, she saw the big box, and offered to take me to UPS tomorrow--yay!  

My first P.T. session is at 9:40 today. Luckily, it's only three blocks away, next to the post office. I hope the balance thing can be improved, but frankly, I'm not too optimistic.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...