Friday, November 10, 2023

Thursday

Prepared lunch: I decided on a P.J. Chang dinner I had in the freezer and added as sides homemade applesauce and crystal pickles, both of which were also in the freezer. In addition, my bountiful freezer contained a slice of the strawberry buckle I had made for Vickie's birthday several months ago, as well as a bowl of whipped cream. Defrosted both to serve to Jim for dessert.

He got here at his usual 12:30 and, alas, is considerably thinner and looks considerably older than he had. Worse, he also comes across as more confused and less able to cope. He asked if I could copy something for him--his pay documents from May and June and, of course, I did. I was heartened to learn--I think, but can't be positive--that he has taken some steps to find a better living arrangement. I know he can't afford to stay indefinitely where he lives now and it's possible he has the help of an agency. I don't know that for sure because his vagueness and extreme difficulty in making himself heard means it's hard to be sure. After lunch, I took out one of my crossword books and we did one together. He was ready to go at 3:30 and I asked him to drop me off near the mall. He did and we said goodbye.

Went to Target for two big  grapefruit, plus dish detergent. While I was bussing home, I got a Message from Mike wanting to know when I was free for a video call. Shortly, I told him, and when I got home, he videoed me and we had a good talk. He had been biking and was at a riverside restaurant for breakfast. 

Got a text from Lora that something came up to postpone our trip to see Betty in Santa Barbara on Tuesday, so we switched to a week later. I then called niece Carolyn to see if she could come here on Tuesday, the 14th. She can and she will and that will be fun. 

"Business" note: Yesterday, I called the Little Egg MUA and was told that they're closed today. What I have to do is call before noon on Monday to be sure the payment has been received. If not, I can pay the damn $$265.83 on the website to avoid having a lien put on (or whatever they do with a lien). Then Susan, my tenant, can reimburse me. 

 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...