Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Tuesday With Stella

I walked the three blocks to Pacific Physical Therapy for my 9:40 appointment to meet my therapist, Staci. She put through a variety of routines, many of which were familiar and it was actually pretty enjoyable. I think I'll go once a week, which is called for, I guess, and also do the exercises daily at home. 

I thought I'd go into town after and texted Stella to see if she was available for lunch. Didn't hear back from her, so decided to bus to the mall. I had no sooner gotten on the bus than she called and said she was at the dentist, but wanted to have lunch. Called me when her teeth cleaning was finished and by that time, I had bused to WinCo and bought a few things, so Stella and her son, Joshua, who lives in Spain, picked me up there. He's here because Stella is going to have surgery next Tuesday for a prolapsed uterus. 

I enjoyed talking to Joshua, who has lived in Menorca, Spain, for years, and is a yoga instructor there. He's handsome, articulate, and very personable. He didn't go with us for lunch, as he had another engagement, so we dropped him off, then drove to Cafe Nouveau. I had been here with Suzanne about six months ago and really like the decor. Prices are pretty steep: I had a hamburger and a beer, which totaled thirty-six dollars (that kind of money used to feed a family of six).

Anyway, we had a good time. Poor Stella is understandably worried about her upcoming operation, but her mother and Jesus have come to her to assure her all will be well. Regardless of my own belief--or lack thereof--I'm glad she has that conviction. Here are some shots of Cafe Nouveau:




(It was crowded when we arrived at 12:30, but we stayed so long talking, it had cleared out.)

After, we drove to WinCo (yes, I was there twice yesterday), then Stella took me home. We talked about her surgery and she told me she was okay about it, as her mother and Jesus had both come to her and assured her she would be fine. I'm glad for her she can cling to that.

Got in at 4:00 and picked up the mail, then cooked and seasoned the spinach and prepared some baked apples. Took an hour's nap and felt refreshed after. I had gotten some yummy chicken livers at WinCo, but was so full from lunch, I didn't feel like eating them yet, so just had the spinach for dinner. 

This morning, Suzanne will take me to UPS to return that chair with arms Mike sent. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...