Thursday, November 23, 2023

Wednesday

Darn, I missed my Quest appointment! I had it on my calendar, which is a flat, desk one, but the date was covered with papers. When I finally noticed, I had already had my coffee, but no problem there, right? Wrong, because I had put sweetner in it. I went over to Quest, which is in Von's, but the bloodletter wouldn't tell me if it was okay or not--said my doctor had to do it. So the hell with it, I just made another appointment for December.

Put in a color wash, dried, and put away; packed my small suitcase, and gathered a few other things. I had some roasted cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts leftover from the day before, and with a suitcase and laptop, couldn't bring them to Ellen's. I'm not sure how they'll turn out, but I thought of freezing them, and gave it a shot. 

Suzanne's sister is visiting from Massachusetts and S. asked to over to say hello. I had met her years ago and enjoyed seeing her again. Stayed for fifteen or so, then finished packing up my stuff, so I was ready for the Access Van. Surprisingly, Jim called while I was on my way, just to tell me happy Thanksgiving. Maybe he has some fellow feeling for me, after all. I was glad to hear he was going to his friend's--that is, friends', as there are two of them) today. 

Got to El's about 2:30 and helped her rake up leaves and with a few other chores. I always like her decorating style, a kind of mix of modern and traditional and she had added some lovely flowers: 

When Greg came in, we chatted, then he relaxed while El and I played Blokus. We went to Sea Fresh for a late dinner and after we ate, Greg bought what will we will have tonight. What, a turkey? Nope, some beautiful, wild-caught, very expensive salmon. Do I care? Not even a little bit. Actually, I'm quite happy about it; I like salmon better than turkey, anyway, and that fact that my daughter isn't bound by convention makes me proud. By the time we got back, it was almost bedtime for me. Turned in and slept well; got up at 5:00.

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...