Sunday, November 19, 2023

Saturday

Bussed to town to meet Noreen and Gary, but was early, as ever, so I stopped into GoodWill to see if there was anything interesting. Oh, goody, I found something I've been missing all my life (😉) a small, decorative pillow with a turkey on it, perfect for Thanksgiving: 

Yes, the turkey looks a little--well, a lot--cartoonish, but I thought that was okay. It's all made of sequins and if you stroke them upward, you get autumn leaves:
OH, GEE! 
they're not autumn leaves, they represent a cow hide! And the pillow is upside down--turn it right side up and it depicts not a turkey, but a cow!
I thought it was pretty funny, so decided to buy it, anyway and when I got home, put it at Suzanne's and my front entrance. Cow, turkey, what's the dif?

Noreen, her friend, Gary (they play pinochle and Scrabble with others every week), and I met at Dargan's and we had a good time. I had Irish stew, which wasn't great, but the IPA was. We talked over a huge variety of subjects. I've met Gary before and didn't think we had much in common; he's from Oklahoma, was a kind of roustabout supervisor, I think, but somehow came into a lot of money. It may be that oil was found on his property, not sure. Anyway, I warmed up to him yesterday and will plan to have them over, along with Jim, sometime soon. 

We sat and talked for several hours, then said goodbye and headed off in opposite directions. I stopped at the museum to see if I could bring a guest to the members only "Sip 'n Shop."


 I'm a member, and I'll ask Diane if she wants to go. Talked to Friday (yes, that's her name!) and a girl on the desk who's name is Violet, just like my granddaughter's. I was told I can bring a guest with no prob, but I--not she--will be the only one who gets ten percent off. 

Got a Message from Mike to tell me a package is coming on Tuesday, but not to open it yet because it's for my birthday. Geez, a month early, that shows some planning. Nothing on the agenda today or tomorrow, so I think I'll go through some of my Christmas stuff to see what I can donate. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...