Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Trifling Tuesday...

 ...because nothing much went on. I spent some of the morning hours on tedious "paperwork" and other crapola. Called Villanova's alumni office once again; I'm getting annoyed at what seems to be their indifference. After all, my Dad and two of my brothers are alums--doesn't that make me special?  😉

I decided to go back to Kohl's and find the two items I had seen on Monday, but didn't have time to try on; jeans with a partially elasticized waist and leisure pants. They were among a large number of clearance items and I stashed them together on one rack so I could find them later. Kohl's is in the B & N shopping center, as is Urban Cafe and the Vietnamese Noodle House, so I texted Diane to see if she wanted to meet me for lunch in either place. However, she responded she couldn't because "I'm cooking." She had told me about a couple she had just met at the off-brand church she sometimes attender. They had lived in Mexico as she had, and were coming for lunch on Friday. Did I want to join them? Well, sure.

Packed my lunch and took off. Walked to Victoria and Telephone and bused the rest of the way. I got to Kohl's, happily ready to try on my finds, and---they were both gone! Oh, darn, but the fact is, I don't need either one of them and I'm going to look for the jeans at Macy's, anyway. If I can't find them there, I'll look on-line. 

Ate lunch at the little area I had found some months ago, then just bused to the transit center and home; didn't feel like going to town or elsewhere, partly because it continues to be chilly. Met up with Suzanne coming in and we chatted a bit. She's going to San Diego today (?) to visit with some sisters and will be back Friday. Also saw Andy from upstairs; he's moving in with his girlfriend today and I'm sorry to see him go. He's about 25, I guess, and a nice young man. I hope we get another young person upstairs, also in Benny's apartment next to me.    

I had gotten a refund check from Citi Bank (I had doublepaid something) and had planned to take it to the bank to cash or deposit when I suddenly remembered I could do it via my phone. I did, it was quick and easy, and I was pleased at the convenience. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...