Monday, March 06, 2023

Some Girl Time On Sunday

And it was fun! Did my usual Sunday stuff--crossword was tricky and absorbing--until Ellen came about 10:30. Off we went to her classroom in Santa Paula nd we were there about three hours. I helped by 1. removing student artwork from the windows and closet door; 2. sticking fresh artwork up; 3. moving laptops from student desks to a kind of charging closet to prepare for next week; 4. checking some written work in various modes; 5. and generally making myself useful. Ellen had been out on Friday, as Greg had had outpatient surgery in Santa Barbara, so she needed to prepare. She was very appreciative for my help, but as I assured her, I loved doing it. 

Also loved being back in her classroom. Took a picture of this on her wall:

After, we drove back on the gorgeous valley roads around Olivelands School and went to lunch at a little sort of honky-tonk restaurant near Smart 'n' Final. The Dodgers were on the five large T.V. screens (luckily, the sound was barely audible) and I could choose from a multitude of different beers. I had a Chief Peak (happily, on draft) and a huge meat ball sub, of which I couldn't eat all. Anyway, it was yum.

Back at my place, El showed me how to get on Instagram and checked out my new CCleaner Premium. We sat and chatted for a bit, laughing over this and that. We talked to Greg, who's still in recovery, and I told him I had become a follower of his on Instagram. Walked El out to her car and we said goodbye with love.

As for Instagram: Thanks to the address Owen had given me, I was able to got on Ben's site and follow. He's now in Alabama, having walked to Texas and on from there. He has posted some wonderful pictures, including one of himself walking through a desert in the early morning hours--pitch black, but the sky ablaze with stars.

More Family Info

I think Frank looks very much like grandfather Figenshu when both were in their twenties. I don't have any of Frank at that age, but I think this still shows the resemblance:



It's so annoying I don't know how to put pictures side by side!

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...