Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Mixing Monday

Mixing with friends, that is: I left at 11:00 to get to Stone Fire Grille by noon. I was early, so stopped at Kohl's to look around. I found two nice pants, a workout type and blue jeans. Didn't have time to try them on, so decided to go back today. I emailed Diane to see if she was able to meet me at the Vietnamese Noodle House, which is in the same shopping center. So is Stone Fire Grille, which I got to next.

I was surprised to see only Vera and Renee--even Susan, who's always there, wasn't. Two more came, though, Amy* and--darn, I've blanked on her name. Anyway, I liked the latter a lot, as I do Renee, the pickleball player, so we had a good, convivial conversation. We didn't break up until 2:00, at which point I went directly into town. Had my cart with me and bought a few things. 

On the bus home (I didn't get in until 5:00), I fell into conversation with a woman named Laurie. She's  Ventura born and bred, three daughters, six grandchildren, widow for three years, and she has rheumatoid arthritis. That's very evident in her hands, which are badly distorted. Nice person and I hope to see her again.

As I went out to dump the trash and get the mail, David hailed me. He had contacted management about the resident letting his two cats romp outside. They're killing birds (yes, that's what cats do) and ornithologist David is incensed. He isn't sure if the owner has acquiesced or not, but it looks as he has.  

I topped off the day by making a jigsaw puzzle of my (colorized) wedding picture:



* For more info on Amy, see my post of October 12,  2021.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...