Saturday, March 04, 2023

Friday And Fairly Quiet

I'm late with this, so it's going to be sketchy. Weight: Home, I gained 1.6 for a reading of 128.6; T.O.P.S., up 1.5 to 130.8; but I'm not going to obsess over. The meeting was so-so and I promised I'd do a program next week. Bobbi was back after her a-fib scare, but poor Sharon wasn't.Didn't finish breakfast until 10:30, then did a few chores, made my lunch, and bused to town. Stopped here and there and ate across for the mission. 

At The Coalition, I saw Owen, who more or less runs the place. I asked him what he heard from Ben Wilson, my fellow thespian at Fractured Actors, who appeared with me in Interstellar Galactic Management LLC, in August. He said Ben has completed his walk to Texas and will continue walking to the east coast.

Whoa--what?! Yes, Ben is walking for a cause: animal rights. A bit of background: I appeared with Ben in Welcome Home three years ago and Area 22 last year. He's a really good actor, in his early twenties, strictly vegan, and his parents moved to Mexico several years ago. Owen, who said his wife, who has had a lot of stage experience, is interested in FATC. I suggested she should get in touch with Jeff or Shannon. Owen gave me Ben's Instagram address and I'm going to follow him across the country. 

Here's Ben in August, after a rehearsal. He's with Emma Bangs, a beautiful young woman who was in another segment of Area 22.  

Got home from town about 4:00. Scrubbed and trimmed two pounds of carrots, put some in the slow cooker with quartered tangerines, the rest in the oven with olive oil and herbes de provance. Washed and halved the Brussel sprouts and popped them in the oven, also. I had both for dinner, along with half a turkey sandwich. 

I had asked Ellen to come over tomorrow, as I want to get a new office chair. I'd still like her to come, but I think I'd just as soon order one on line, anyway. Will talk to her later. 

Note: I got the scanned info from Roman Catholic High School about my Dad; still working on enhancing it and will post soon. 


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...