Tuesday, March 14, 2023

My Grandfather And Me On Monday

Cloudy, cloudy overcast/but even so, I had a blast...

Um, no, actually, I didn't, that was just for the rhyme. Guess I could have written "and I wanted to get away so fast" or "and I hope that's the friggin' last..." Or whatever.

This was my real blast of the day: A member of the terrific Facebook group, Photo Restoration and Colorization Free Service, enhanced this picture in front of my grandfather's barber shop in Philadelphia. He, George Figenshu, is standing fourth from left. I assume the men also in white coats are his employees. Unknown: other men, who may be customers or simply bystanders, and the woman and children, whom I believe are not relatives. Maybe the little boy just got his hair cut?

                                       

To top it off, another member colorized the picture and yet another provided the shops address: 


Okay, down to business. I thought I'd like to go to Macy's and Target to see if they had any jeans with a partial elastic waist. Bused to first one, then another Target, but didn't see any just the way I want, either there or at Macy's. I had packed my lunch, so I paused long enough to eat it at the gathering area in the mall. It was very quiet, slow Mondays, I guess, and that was fine. At Target, I did find an enormous cauliflower, which I snatched up and took home. Roasted it with the mayo/parm dressing, put a nice chicken breast in at the same time and it was a yummy meal. 

Note: I had a terrible night. Woke up at 12:56 for the usual, went back, then every five minutes or so, started experiencing a stabbing pain in my right calf. Took some aspirin, which didn't help. It's now 4:40, got up a half hour ago. Pain seems to have subsided to a large extent, but I'm worried about what it could be. I assume it's not arthritis because it isn't in the knee or other joint. Later: But happy day, it hasn't hurt for hours now, so I'll chalk it up to Arthur and turn to better things. 

3 comments:

I love AC said...

Love what was done to the photo. Amazing.

I'm sure you are aware...if your leg is red, hot and swollen...urgent care is next.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat, yes, that would galvanize me to urgent action. So far, though, (I'm writing this on Tuesday at 5:22 pm), it hasn't recurred, so that's good. Do you think it was part of the arthritis? Seems weird.

I love AC said...

I don't know Rosemary...without more information, I'd be guessing but I doubt it.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...