Thursday, March 23, 2023

Wednesday: The Past And My Peepers

Wonders will never cease: I got the income tax stuff pulled together! It took me an hour or so to add to it, check it, copy it, and so on, but that's not bad. Called Michelle to tell her I'd drop it off on Friday. 

I also continued to listen to my mother's recording and made some corrections on what I had typed. I'm not finished yet, but should be shortly. On the Vintage Philadelphia Facebook page, I put my mother's wedding picture; she and my Dad were married on August 4, 1923, in St. Gregory's Church in Philadelphia. There were a lot of admiring comments by members and, I guess, no wonder:

                                                  

She was 21 then, and surely a virgin. I don't know why she wasn't "dressed as a bride" in white, but I know it wasn't because of the old idea that only virgins wore white. I also put the picture of my father's fraternity at Villanova on Instagram. I'm still not very adept at handling that, but I'm learning. 

Looking up info on St. Gregory's, I was thrilled to stumble into this web site: 

I left for Miramar, the ophthalmologists, at 1:00. Debated whether to wear boots, but didn't; luckily, it just sprinkled a bit here and there and I didn't even open my umbrella. Doc examined and there don't seem to be any major new problems. I'm not "due" to get new glasses until January (that's when my insurance will cover), but I decided to spring for them myself. I have plenty of the cheapie reading glasses, but the ones from the doc are bifocals and include middle distance, as well as close. Must remember to make an appointment in August with Dr. R. to check the macular degeneration. 

Having lunch with Diane today/Going to the Hill Street Café/Good, good, what else can I say?/Just rain, rain, please stay away! 😛

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...