Wednesday, July 09, 2014

The Pool And Fascism

Got a fair number of "to dos" done early: Took a packet of mail for Mike to the P.O., stopped at the clubhouse to tell Carol the mold was removed from my house, and got the car washed.
Betty got here about 11:00 and we chatted for a bit.  Served lunch at noon, just from what I had in the house: cheese sandwiches, Caesar salad, collard greens (I had cooked them up in the crock pot on Monday), with blueberries, sliced oranges, and ice cream for dessert.
After that, we got our suits on and went to the pool.  The water was heavenly on an incredibly hot day and it was great to loll in salt water and not be assaulted by chlorine.  However, both Betty and I were attacked by some kind of microscopic--well, we couldn't see them--stinging insects; I have no idea what they could be. Nobody else seems to have been bothered, so it's a mystery as to why we were.
We just stayed about two hours, then went home and Betty left.  I showered, washed my hair, re-dressed, and took a drive to Barnegat and environs.  I was gone about an hour and a half--just driving and listening to more of Life Itself (I'm still obsessed with Roger Ebert).
Soon, I'll go up to my friend's and see Ellen--happy day!
WIDER:  "Want to hear the worst idea in the history of horrible ideas?" To wit:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-08/wall-street-joins-us-intelligence-cronies-form-fascist-cyber-war-council
The writer, Michael Krieger, added this:
I've realized that whenever you hear the term "public-private partnership" run for the hills. You are being screwed in every way imaginable.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...