Monday, July 07, 2014

Aline, Me, and The Smartass Cripple

Aline called early and we solidified our plans for the day.  I told her I had mislaid the first disc of the CD I got out of the library and she mentioned I should check my own CDs to see if I could have put it in one of them.  I did and I had, I'm happy to say.  Picked her up at our usual 12:30 and we went to SeaOaks for a nice lunch, then to Manahawkin for B.J.'s and Wal-Mart.  After, we went down to Green Street, set up our chairs, and viewed the surprisingly rough water--lots of choppiness and white caps.
Also present, unfortunately, were two women and a man drinking beer (illegally) and yelling happily at the top of their lungs.  They were so obnoxious we left after a half hour or so--which, to be honest, is about my limit, anyway, with just sitting.  Aline, a much more relaxed and placid (that's not a dig) person, is content to sit and contemplate nature for hours at a time.
A. came home with me and we had iced tea and pretzels while we talked over our coming plans.  She's working today, and is leaving for her trip to Savannah tomorrow and I'm happily anticipating Ellen's visit, also starting tomorrow.  A. viewed some of the videos of the precious angel-boy in Japan and, of course, ooh and aahed over how big and smart and cheerful and adorable he is.  Took her home about six and we said goodbye.  I'll miss her, but am happy for her; I know she'll love Georgia.  
As soon as I got home, I put chicken in the oven.  Soon got a welcome Skype call from Ellen and we had a good long talk.  Can't wait to see her!
Note:  I'm delighted to have been directed to the Facebook page and blog of "Smartass Cripple," aka Mike Ervin.  He's handicapped crippled, I'm not positive with what, but I'm pretty sure it's congenital, muscular dystrophy or something. Mike is so damn refreshing after the sanctimonious platitudes we get all over the Internet, especially on Facebook--simple-minded crap beloved by the simple-minded crappy, I'm afraid.  Yes, children, people who are different from the norm are just as human as you and me.  I've always had an affinity for those who are "different," because all my life, I've felt that's really my tribe.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...