Friday, June 30, 2006

Okay, things are looking up--rather, my outlook is. I was able to get a bunch of errands done yesterday afternoon and today, will take more linens to the thrift store. One by one, I'm cleaning out closets, and boy, does that give me a lift. There's nothing like getting rid of junk to improve your attitude. Also, the cleaning service was just here and the house looks good, plus I got yet another letter to the V.A. written and ready to go. I'm constantly wrangling with them over paying doctor and hospital bills and we've been warring back and forth since all Pat's troubles started accelerating last year. When I deal with agencies and organizations, my mantra is "Kick and scream and hang on until you're dead and for three days after that." Works most of the time.
Pat doing all right, all things considered, and we're following our usual routine. I had chicken, gravy, and veggies in the crockpot last night and it turned out pretty good. Not sure what I'll serve tonight.
Looking forward to Joely's fourth birthday party tomorrow, and have invited Alison and Mike down for the 4th of July. Talked to sister Betty on the phone just now and we filled each other in on the new arrivals and other family news.
If you're a relative--or even if you're not--check out "Uncle Frank's Farm," the other blog I have listed here. I don't write it, I just record what my uncle wrote--explanation on the blog.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...