Thursday, June 29, 2006

As it turned out, I never got out of the house to run my errands yesterday. Pat went back to bed after breakfast and slept until I woke him about 11. He then got a shower, dressed, took his sugar, used the nebulizer, and had lunch and by the time he got into his chair in the living room, it was two-thirty. Ray stopped over--we always enjoy seeing him--then I went next door to give Frank and Barbara some packages left at their door while they were away. After that, it was time to start dinner and the day was effectively away from me. Brother Bill called and F. and B. came over after dinner for a pleasant visit.
Today, the visiting nurse comes between 10 and 11, then it will be time for lunch again, so I won't get an early start if I'm able to get out at all. Tomorrow the cleaners are supposed to be here and Saturday is Joely's fourth birthday party. I won't have to leave for that until about two, but I just hate trying to get errands run on weekends, as stores and so on are always so busy; anyway, some of the places I need to go to aren't even open. I want to have the prescription filled for my glasses, plus get a multitude of other chores out of the way.
It seems incredible that such a short time ago, I was able to come and go as I pleased without a thought. What a luxury.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...