Sunday, June 25, 2006

Darling daughter Alison came down this afternoon to help me do a few things. She tied up all the mountains of old newspapers so they could be put at the curb, started and drove Pat's car, swept the garage, cleaned out the dryer filter, and replaced the overhead light in the garage. She also helped me with putting things on the shelf in the guest room and stayed with her Dad while I took the king-sized quilt to the laudromat to wash and dry.
Other darling daughter Ellen called and spoke to Alison, Dad, and me. Tomorrow, she starts one of the professional classes she needs for additional teacher credentials.
Pat about the same. He asked that his car stay in the driveway, as he says he wants to drive it somewhere tomorrow or the next day. I hope he can.
Blog news: I started a blog called "Uncle Frank's Farm," and will add a section of my uncle's memoirs periodically. Of course, he wouldn't have been so grandiose as to call them "memoirs." He was a plain, soft-spoken Pennsylvania farmer who lived a low-key life. Reading about what he remembered gives a wonderful glimpse into life in the long ago. Check it out at:
http://uncle-franks-farm.blogspot.com (or you can just look on this blog under "complete profile.") If you can't get it, leave me a comment and I'll e-mail you the link.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...