Thursday, June 22, 2006

Alison, Pat, and I got to Creevey's for dinner last night (Mike had another commitment). I was a little shocked at the prices. I've had lunch there often and we've been there for dinner several times, but those times were for the Early Bird specials (we're old fogies). I also had Pat's birthday party there, and that was pretty reasonable. This wasn't, at all. We had a fifty-dollar gift certificate, and Alison still had to put in a lot more. Our entrees were $24 each, and I had wine, Pat dessert, but still, I thought it was a lot.
Pat was okay and seemed to enjoy himself moderately well. However, he was exhausted when he got home, just from walking from the driveway to the door. We go to his endocrinolgist today, and I'm a little worried about whether they have steps. I'll call them to see if they have a wheelchair available.
Well, it's a food blog, as I keep forgetting, so I'll add what we ate. I had lobster tails, which I haven't had for ages, and they (3 of them) were delicious. Alison had a broiled seafood platter, and Pat had filet mignon. All main dishes were very good, we agreed, although the salad was so-so, and the cheesecake much too heavy, I thought (Pat shared his).
More of the enthralling goings-on in Little Egg Harbor tomorrow! (Wake up there, reader, wake up...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - sounds REALLY expensive. Of course, it does seem that way when you are paying. Funny story, I had a breakfast recently that was $180 for 4 people.... Hey, also, treated someone to wine for $18 a glass... can you imagine?

The real Anon.

Mimi said...

Listen, Anon, Little Egg is not the gastronomical capital of the world, you know. PLUS--VERY IMPORTANT: We were NOT paying, except with the $50 gift certificate. Alison insisted on covering the rest.
As for the $140 breakfast at the Four Seasons, there were FIVE people, as I recall. It included your adorable 23-month-old daughter, who can really put it away. The $18 glass of wine? Well, easy come, easy go (especially as it was on your tab).
AND, what about when I took you and your beautiful bride to Zia Teresa for dinner in London? That was expensive, too, and all you did was pay for my plane fare, my studio apartment, cab fares, most meals, entry fees to attractions, and various incidentals--HA!
Luv, Mum

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...