Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Marvel of the Millennium!

What was? The fact that I spent all morning clearing out closets and drawers is pretty amazing itself, but the real gasper is that I now have two empty drawers in the white dresser!  What a feat!

My go-to girl said she'd take the stuff and me to the thrift store today to donate them. I always keep at least a rough track of what I give so I can take it off my income tax (and yes, I always get the donation slip from Goodwill).  

After lunch, I quit and bused to the mall. I had seen a little cast iron skillet at Ross and it was calling my name. I bought it, then went to Penney's looking for a juicer. I don't want the fancy, plastic kind that has a level to pull; I just want an old-fashioned glass one, so I can juice the wonderful lemons from Ellen's tree. Went to Target--nope--and to Penney's--nope nope--but there I saw a set of three ceramic knives, paring, utility, and large chef.  I saw these in action in Arizona and have wanted them ever since. Happily, they were on sale and I bought them. It then occurred to me that Ellen was surely going to give me a Mother's Day present and this could be it! I'll suggest that to her this afternoon. 

Seasoned my neat little pan and had a single egg in it for dinner, along with rice, spaghetti squash and Brussels sprouts. An odd meal, but actually pretty balanced, I think.

Mike posted this on Facebook, along with others. It's the moon-view out of his home in Singapore and I think it's--well, a marvel, too:

 

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Do you see this on your blog? The other blog keeps giving me an error message.

iloveac said...

Yes, I do. Hope that's a YAY!

iloveac said...

Hello Rosemary..today is Sun. 4/24/2022. Did the help desk at blogger.com try to help with the problem?

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...