Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Tuesday

In the morning, I walked to Smart 'n' Final and picked up a few things, including a small cauliflower and wine. I then bused to the mall and Target. I wanted to add to the little graduation item I had gotten for Vivian, but didn't find anything interesting or fun. I had seen some at The Market and I'll go back there today.

Stopped into Ross (they didn't have anything I liked, either) and ran into Noreen. We chatted and made a date for lunch on Friday. Think I'll suggest Aloha at the beach.

Home, had lunch, then trimmed the cauliflower and put it whole into my smaller slow cooker. It cooked up nicely and I had some for dinner. 

I had thought about going to Oxnard to stop in on Greg, but didn't. Instead--unusual for me--I lay down on the couch and took a short nap. When I got up, I made an appointment for today at 10:00 to get my second booster (Pfizer) right across the street at Von's.  So convenient. Think I'll go from there to The Market. 

I guess I was a sucker to pay $19.95 to E-Yearbook. Yes, they had the 1942 HSHS yearbook with my sister and brother-in-law in it, but they didn't have a lot of others I wanted to see. On another site--free--I found my brother, Jim's college yearbook--St. Joe's in Philly, class of 1950.

It's just as well we can't see the future, I guess. When Jim--or Jimmy, as we always called him--had had his picture taken, he never dreamed his father wouldn't be at his graduation. Or anywhere else above ground after June 2, for that matter.   

Boy, I miss him. Now he's 96, living in Bangkok, and I doubt if he remembers me. I'm afraid he's no longer the quiet, kindly, intelligent big brother I used to have--well, still quiet, yes, and I'm sure he wouldn't be unkindly, but the other? Maybe I'll get in touch with Chrissy, his daughter, to see if we can do a Facetime session or something. Or maybe I don't want to. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...