Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Monday

Spent an hour after breakfast getting in touch with those who hound me, including yet again, the Ventura Star. This time, I had gotten an email to the effect that my payment was overdue. Long, boring story I won't go into, but of course, it wasn't, I pay automatically, and so on. Also straightened out various minor problems with CVS Caremark, Bank of Amazing Idiocy, and the New York Times.  

After that, for the second day in a row, I walked to Wal-Mart, as I had forgotten face scrub and oatmeal. Bought this silly unicorn for darling Vivian, soon to be a big college girl at University of Hawaii:

Took my BP at W-M again and it was 119/74, which I was electronically told is normal. Happy day, I recovered from my high blood pressure overnight! And without even doing anything! 

I was so pleased to get a call from Mary Hoffman. I hadn't spoken to her for about a year and we had a good long talk. She wanted to know how Betty is and, of course, I told her the sad truth. She's doing well herself and so am I, so that's good. 

Lunch, then it was off to town. I bought a DVD of Dirty Dancing--always liked Patrick Swayze (sigh)--and that was one of his best. It was a nice warm (upper sixties), sunny day, but extremely windy. I was actually almost blown off my feet at Main and Palm. On my way home, Lynn Wetzel called. She's the director of docents at Dudley House and I confirmed I'll do the duty in June. Must get my costume from Ellen's storage shed and study my lines--it's been three years since I've done it. 

Ellen called while I was on my way home. That's always a treat and we had a good chat. We've agreed that when Mike's here, he'll sleep at her place, but tentatively, I'll have him her, Mike, and Greg over for dinner the day he gets in. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...