Sunday, April 17, 2022

Saturday

NOTE: I'm not taking my lap top to Ellen's, so there will be no Mimi's Musings tomorrow. I hope my legion of readers will survive. (That means you, Miss Patti-Cake!😍) 

Changed the bed and did a white wash, then went over to Von's in the morning for various. Decided to call the Access Van to get to Ellen's today, since I'll have a small suitcase and a plant. I'll be picked up at 11:22 to go to Ojai. I was surprised to hear I still have twenty-one dollars on my "account"; it's been so long since I've used the van, I forgot about it. 

Erica, my new acquaintance from Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers, returned my call and we made a date to meet for lunch at Finney's next Tuesday. LaVonne called to say happy Easter and we chatted. 

Jim came, as ever, at 12:30 and happily, was in a somewhat better frame of mind. It's still very difficult to draw him into conversation--I just keep prattling on, otherwise I'm afraid we'd sit in silence. As we always do, we first sat on the couch to talk, then when the food (hot pasta casserole, corn bread, and homemade applesauce) and drink (red wine for him, beer for me) were ready, we sat at the table, of course. During our meal, Ellen called. I told her I had arranged for the Access Van and she was pleased about that; said she'd take me home tomorrow. Good, because dinner with Soaring Spirits is at 6:00; I'm not sure if Julie will take me, but no prob--I can get there by bus. After talking to my dear daughter, it occurred to me--as it doesn't often enough--how very lucky I am.

Jim and I discussed Graham Greene, Ethel Rosenberg, and espionage, among other topics. I decided I didn't want him to take me to Green Thumb for tomato plants, after all, although he was willing. I'll get them another time. Jim left about 4:00 and I walked him to the mailbox. Went home, had a bite, then showered and washed my hair. 

Easter card from Tokyo. I'm not convinced my eight-year-old, native language Japanese, thought of it himself! (Names obscured.)


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...