Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Ocean Gets Mad

(I forgot to mention that I had gone to Five Points on Sunday and finally, at long last, got the car washed. Wouldn't you know, it then dripped rain yesterday and it's all spotted again--drat!)
Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then did a load of wash. Called Nancy and wheedled her into a movie (Beautiful Boy) today and The Cave after for a glass of  bubbly, even though she's in the midst of a knitting frenzy. Will meet her at noon.
After I retrieved the wash, I finally, at long last (another put-off item!) went to get a pedicure.  It wasn't as much an ordeal as usual and I made an appointment for a manicure on Thursday morning. I have Toastmasters that evening and the next day--well, maybe I'll be taken out somewhere.
Stopped for cauliflower, green peppers, and tomatoes after Jessica Nails. I chopped up the first two, put the c. in the slow cooker, and decided to stir-fried the peppers with onions for dinner. Put the cauliflower in the slow cooker and took off for town.
Got on the bus in the rain, but didn't bring an umbrella, as I was sure it would stop by the time I got to town. It did and it wasn't much of a rain, anyway. Stella called while I was riding and we had a long talk. Got off the bus on Main, walked to The Promenade and--
Oh, Mama! The ocean was in a wild phase, with huge rollers pounding the pier and the shore. I'm afraid my pictures don't do justice to it, but it was quite exciting to see. I even went on the pier--at the beginning, as the far part was closed off by the time I got there--and viewed the scene from there. Nature is a pip, all right.
I stayed for an hour or so, then walked to Main and the library. Didn't leave there until almost 5:00 and didn't get home until almost 6:00, but that was okay. Besides the veggies I had prepared earlier, I had some yummy fresh jumbo shrimp for dinner.

20181217_153028.jpg
20181217_153700.jpg

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I'm not able to view the pics....just a box with a ? in it.

Mimi said...

Darn, I wonder why. I'll send them to you via e-mail

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...