Sunday, December 16, 2018

In Town And Out

Walked Kimball, natch, then wrapped a little gift for Mr. K. in Tokyo. For the rest of his family, I gave a keyhole garden to people in Africa. Took the package to the P.O., which was, naturally, jammed--the line went almost out the door. However, everybody was in a jolly holiday spirit and we bantered with each other and the mail people, so it was fun. I have one more package to send, then I have to turn my attention to gifts for Ellen, Greg, and Betty. Drove up the 99 Cent Store on Main, the only place I can buy a particular kind of rice cakes--much tastier and much less caloric than Quaker's.
Home to do this and that on the laptop and phone.
Betty called. Every time I convince myself to be optimistic and reassured that things aren't so bad, I get corrected when I talk to her. I finally texted Betty's DIL, Robyn, to ask why she and Steve hadn't responded to Connie's e-mail about the Maritime Museum thing. Darn, wouldn't you know--both of them had changed their addresses and I didn't know that. Got the original sent and called Connie to apologize.
After lunch, I took the bus to town about 2:30. Walked to The Promenade and wow--I had to actually hold my hat on my head, it was so windy. Went back to Main to the library and read a bio of Agatha Christie until it was time to meet Suzanne at the park at 5:30.
She was there exactly on time and we enjoyed viewing the lighted fir trees, decorated by various companies and organizations in Ventura. After that, Suzanne drove me to a neighborhood near ours to see a particularly spectacular, light-filled house.
Home by 6:30 and had a fresh tuna steak for dinner.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...