Saturday, December 29, 2018

Here And There

Walked Kimball, then went to T.O.P.S. I was sure I had gained, considering the Christmas holidays, and I had, but incredibly, only by five tenths of a pound.  I went to 129.9 from 129.4 so I'm still within my end point of 130. That's good. The meeting itself was the usual exercise in pointlessness and I didn't get breakfast until after 10:00.
After that, I called Yandoo, my TV and Internet provider, to set up an appointment, as they're "improving the service" and have to change my box. Oh, and guess what? After six months, customers must pay thirty bucks more a month, whether they want the "service" or not. And I don't. I'll have to see if I can get another provider, but I don't think I can here.
Ellen called to ask if I'd take her to Pep Boys on Monday at 10:00, as she has to have her brakes done and sure, I will. Unfortunately, she said the huge old tree in her front yard lost a third of itself, a big branch that fell into the street and the fire department had to come to put it on her lawn. Now she's having an arborist (?--well, Spellcheck doesn't know what it is) come to tell her if the tree can be saved.
I opened my 123 And Me kit and registered it, but haven't started the process yet. Incredibly, I got so caught up in participating in their many health surveys on-line, that I didn't run out to to store for lettuce until after my regular lunch time of 1:00 and didn't eat until after 2:00. I just enjoy doing those things, for some strange reason.
Got the bus to town and walked from the library to the mission and back, but I didn't get back home until 5:39. Had leftover chicken, sauteed mushrooms and onions for dinner, then spent time on this computer.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...